Thursday 16 June 2016

Matariki



On Wednesday Totara  was learning lots of  ways we can celebrate Matariki. If you don't know what the word Matariki means, it is the eldest sister in the seven stars family and it also means the Maori New Year.  It is about having fun with your family or friends and it is also all about going to places where you haven't been to.



Some of the things we did was the Tukutuku panels, sewing, carving, kites, stones, cooking, mural art and weaving.

I didn't get what I wanted but who care's I had fun any way. This shows me using my perseverance muscle.

If you asked me what my favourite one of them are  it will be the kites because we got to work together with your school mate.


  The one that  I really wanted to really do was the mural art and the kites that I did well it was fun any way.

We also did some of our activities in pairs



 The learning muscle  I used to get out of the learning pit was  my perseverance muscle  because it was hard to tie the kites with the flax. The learning muscle I was stretching was noticing muscle because I didn't know how to tie it up with the flax but I noticed what my friends were doing.
























No comments:

Post a Comment